Tuesday 22 November 2011

My Scoliosis Scar

I know alot of people are really interested in what their scoliosis scar will look like post surgery so I thought I'd share mine with you through the different stages of recovery.

Scoliosis Scar -2 weeks post op

Scoliosis Scar - 2 weeks post op

Here is my scoliosis scar about 2 weeks post op after I first removed my dressing. I remember being shocked (and pleased!) at how thin and neat the scar was.




Scoliosis Scar - 6 weeks post op

Scoliosis Scar - 6 weeks post op
































Scoliosis Scar - 5 months post op

Scoliosis Scar - 5 months post op






















Scoliosis Scar - 1 year post op

Scoliosis Scar - 1 year post op
As you can see it's faded nicely and you can hardly see it now! I thought it would be alot more noticeable before I had the surgery.

A tip:
Bio Oil can be really helpful for improving the appearance of your scar. I use it on my scar and I think it really does help. Although I would say wait until the scar has healed fully before using it :-)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for posting this so much! Your blog is so inspirational to me!

Unknown said...

No problem :) x

J*9 said...

Thank you! I have been following your blog since I am getting surgery in February.

Unknown said...

Hope all goes well for you Janine :) x

Unknown said...

I have a problem with blackheads growing into my scar theyre like HUGE its like disgudting and really big.. what do I do ? /:

Unknown said...

I would go see your doctor x